Your safety is our highest priority, so we are doing everything we can to ensure that we are exceeding the recommendations and guidelines of the State of Oregon to reduce the spread of Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19. We’ve always used the highest level sanitizer for all non porous surfaces and for our tools, brushes, and combs. We’ve always washed hands between each client, and now we’ll be doubling down on that. We have done a deep clean on the salon, implemented stringent sanitation regimens, and will have ongoing policies to keep us all safe.
Some of the changes you will see at your next appointment:
- We’ll be asking how you feel. Please screen for symptoms before your appointment. When you arrive, we will ask you a series of questions. If you have symptoms, we will happily reschedule you. If you are found to have symptoms upon arriving, you will not be rescheduled.
- Come alone. Stylists are only allowed to work with one client at a time. Minors and those with disabilities may be accopanied by a caregiver. No pets unless certified service animal.
- Use the entrance you’ve been assigned. To ensure we can maintain good social spacing, we will using both the front and back doors, depending on where the stylists are working that day. Please as your stylist which door you should use.
- Wash your hair at home. The virus can live on your hair for a number of hours. Please wash your hair before you arrive.
- Wait in your car until we text or call you. You will receive a phone call or test when your stylist is ready for you. Please be patient as we must fully disinfect before you enter.
- Let us get the door. Please use the entrance assigned to you upon booking. Your stylist will open the door for you on arrival and departure.
- Wear a mask. You must wear a mask at all times in the salon. You may bring your own or one will be provided. If wearing your own mask, please make sure it fits securely and loops around the ears, out of the way of the services we will be providing. No scarves, bandanas, or improperly made makeshift masks will be acceptable. At our discretion we may ask that you use one of our masks rather than your own.
- Wash your hands when you arrive. As soon as you arrive, please go directly to the bathroom to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water. .
- No food or drink. We can no longer provide coffee or water. No outside food or beverages will be allowed.
- No talking during the shampoo. No amount of social distancing is possible during a shampoo or color rinse. Please help us cut down on transmission by refaining from talking during this time. We will do the same.
I know these seem like a lot of changes, but we promise we are still the same Odango! that has been taking care of our community for almost 14 years. We will get through this together. See you soon! ♥️
Here is some information on the Novel Coronavirus from the State of Oregon.
Here is is a handy reference guide to some of the changes.